Attorney Kerrisa Chelkowski
15+ Years of Experience
At the Law Office of Kerrisa Chelkowski, smart, knowledgeable, and experienced
criminal defense is what you will find. Whether you are charged with a
state or federal crime, criminal defense attorney Kerrisa Chelkowski will
always strive to
ensure your best interests are protected, from the beginning of an investigation to the end of post-conviction.
A History of Success
former prosecutor for the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office and as a Special
Prosecutor for the Medina County District Attorney’s Office, Kerrisa
Chelkowski has an in depth understanding of the various strategies the
prosecution may use to build a case against you.
hundreds of criminal cases tried before juries and judges in state and
federal courts, including
appeals involving the death penalty, Kerrisa has been able to prevail among her
legal peers on widely publicized
cases across Texas, including a dismissal of indictments against her clients
involved in the Southwest Airlines case, and representing clients in the
Bexar County multi-million dollar class action lawsuit settlement, involving
illegal strip searches.
Accolades & Achievements
Texas Super Lawyer®
Best Lawyers in San Antonio - Seen in Scene in
SA Monthly, 2007
Featured Profile in NSIDE Magazine "Leaders of Generation X" January/February, 2007
Written published articles, including her latest article “The 25,000 Martini”, which
discusses the effects a
DWI can have on a person’s professional life and career
Appointed also by all the district court judges from Bexar County to be a
Magistrate Judge, Kerrisa Chelkowski has been able to prepare criminal defense cases with
intelligence, creativity, and special attention to detail.
- Texas U.S. Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas, 2001; J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, 1998; B.S.
The $25,000 Martini - NSIDE Magazine -Consequences of DWI cases, San Antonio Business Journal,
- Marriage, A Limited Liability Partnership - Effects of Divorce on a Small
Business Owner, NSIDE Magazine, May/June, 2007
It Pays to Fight - Tips on fighting a speeding ticket, NSIDE Magazine, July/August, 2007
- Cooperating with the Cooperator - How to guide your client in cooperating
with the federal government, The Defender (San Antonio Criminal Defense
Lawyer Association Magazine, July/August, 2007
Honors and Awards:
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Board of Directors
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- United States Supreme Court Historical Society
- Federal Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Trial College
- Hidalgo County Bar Association Faculty Member
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Bexar County Women's Bar Association
- The Heritage Society
Over the course of my legal career, I have been featured in numerous high
profile, newsworthy cases. These cases have been covered by various news
outlets; below you'll find a small representation of those cases and
the accompanying news pieces that were written.
If you need legal guidance surrounding any criminal legal matter, do not
hesitate to contact Kerrisa Chelkowski, for a
free initial consultation.